Hello folks! Welcome to week 8 of your CSA! We hope everyone had a safe, eventful weekend with family and friends.
Last week got a little busy and everyone but baby Ivan had the stomach bug! Hazel was able to hold off the sickness until after we celebrated her 3rd birthday, so that was fortunate! A lot has been going on at the farm! We had all of the broccoli ready at once, as well as the cauliflower. We had to donate well over 1,000 lbs of broccoli and now we are going through the cauliflower and finding hundreds of lbs to donate. The weather this spring was abnormal enough to push all 3 separate plantings to be ready at once. We are definitely in the transition from spring to summer produce. No need to worry this week if you will have more cauliflower, we have a whole new assortment for you! You will definitely be feeling the summer love with this box!
We hope you enjoy your vegetables, and I appreciate the feedback, good and bad. Thanks for the support everyone!
Here are the contents of this week's box:
1. Beans- Snap beans that are a bush variety. I love to simmer these down with some broth of your choice and a little onion until all the liquid is gone. This makes for a tender bean full of flavor.
2. Cherry Tomatoes- Fresh off the vine and ready to be added to salads, pastas, or just eaten by themselves!
3. Potatoes- Y'all, some oh so delicious creamy potatoes! So excited about these!
5. Banana Peppers- Sweet and mild pepper
6. Purple Daikon Radishes
7. Cured Onions- Onions that have been harvested out of the field and dried and cured.